KCC is looking for a bright and talented Spanish Professor for our IB Elementary and Middle School.
Under the supervision of the Camus Director the Spanish Professor is responsible for implementing a classroom Spanish program for students in K-6th grade that involves Spanish vocabulary, culture, pronunciation as well as reading, writing and listening skills. Provide on-going and timely feedback to learners regarding their mastery of the language. Design a curriculum that builds by grade-level to prepare students for higher language mastery in middle and high school.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Walk, look downward, turn neck (up to continuously) sit, bend, (frequently); stand, stoop, squat, reach, push, pull, (Occasionally; kneel, crawl. Climb (infrequently); grasp/manipulate materials & supplies (continuously); lift items to 10 pounds (frequently), carry to 10 pounds (occasionally), lift/carry to 40 pounds (infrequently) (use seeing, hearing and speaking.
Working Conditions: Indoor offices and classrooms, exposure to: student noise and music, odors of food and science projects, possible communicable diseases or unruly students. Outdoor schoolyard and grounds, exposure to; temperatures, dust, pesticides and smoke (seasonally). Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Responsibilities and Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Develops and implements an instructional plan which is compatible with the IB programme.
• Integrates language development and mastery across the curriculum and grade levels.
• Designs and implements activities that are purposeful and support the purpose of mastery of the Spanish language.
• Integrates thematic units into lesson planning so students acquire a holistic view of the Spanish language and culture.
• Possesses the ability to effectively communicate with parents, staff and students concerning goals and plans outlined in the special area and language mastery curriculums.
• Actively participates during staff meetings, in-service trainings, and Professional Learning Communities concerning student development and school-wide initiatives.
• Effectively utilizes common assessments to determine student performance levels and adjusts instruction to ensure mastery.
• Uses technological resources to enhance the experience and immersion into in the Spanish culture.
• Assumes responsibility for extra-curricular activities involving the Spanish program.
• Presents a positive attitude and invigorates and motivates students to continue their exploration of foreign language.
• This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Kid’s Community College® reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
• Valid State of Florida Teacher Certification
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with emphasis in education or the specific subject area being taught.
• Professional Certification in subject area as required by the Florida Course Code Directory
• Expertise in subject being taught as evidenced by personal skills and knowledge, an undergraduate major or minor or graduate degree in the subject they will teach, or direct subject-area teaching experience;
• Understanding of academic, social, and behavioral needs and characteristics of elementary school level pupils
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Some experience working with choice schools (Charter, Private, or Magnet) preferred.
• Experience teaching in a student-centered setting beyond student teaching
• Ability to apply Gardner’s Multiple Intelligence theory in a classroom setting
• Working knowledge of inquiry-based instructional strategies
• Level 1 IB Training Certification
• Familiarity with the IB Primary Years Programme and/or IB Middle Years Programme
• ESOL Endorsement
• Experience working with diverse population
- Competitive Salary
- Major Medical
- LTD & STD
- Sick & Vacation Days
- Paid Birthday Off
- Retirement Plan
- Much more!