Riverview, FL 33578
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Kid’s Community College Charter Schools (KCC) are not-for-profit public schools located in Hillsborough County, serving K-12 students. Each of our campuses is accredited by one or more of the following institutions: NAC, NCA, AdvancedED, IB and NAF.
We dedicate ourselves to the well-being and educational success of EVERY child by taking a leadership role in providing top-rated, accredited, high-quality care giving services, higher learning, community enrichment and promoting cultural diversity.
KCC recognizes that our students and staff are paramount to our collective success. Our students rest at the core of who we are – but our KCC associates are the heartbeat.
The families we serve trust us with their children and we do not take this responsibility lightly. Our services are people intensive and it takes good people – associates who hold themselves to the highest standards of performance and ethical behavior – to achieve the vision, mission, and goals in our pursuit to provide the highest possible, world-class education.
As a KCC associate, YOU are an integral member of the KCC team. We realize that what sets us apart from other educational institutions is YOU. Our KCC associates are motivated, intelligent, resourceful, caring and above all, committed to providing high quality educational services and doing their best in terms of performance and their dedication to our team.
KCC ASSOCIATE’S BENEFITS:
- low class room ratios
- small campuses
- professional work environment
- NAC/NCA/AdvancedED/IB/NAF accredited facilities
- professional training & development
- professional advancement guidance, resources & opportunities
- paid vacation, sick, holidays and birthday
- tuition reimbursement
- medical insurance
- comprehensive voluntary benefits
- retirement plan – 401k
- AVC performance incentives
- expense reimbursements
- and much more!
To improve educational outcomes for ESE students including Gifted and to ensure services are provide in compliance with IEPs, EPs and all applicable laws. Under the supervision of the Campus Director, KCC Professors deliver instructional and developmental services in: related academic subject matter; social, behavioral, and other educational skill areas. They plan, develop, organize and conduct a comprehensive, high quality educational program for K-12 school level students. Professors also assist students in areas of personal and individual development.
KCC ESE PROFESSOR QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in early childhood, elementary education,
reading and/or math, special education, school psychology or a closely related field
• Minimum of three years experience teaching regular or special education or equivalent
• Preference given to candidates with Reading Endorsement and certification in ESE
• Knowledge of research related to Response to Intervention(RtI)/Multi-Tiered Systems of
• Understanding of scientifically based reading research, reading development, and
developmentally appropriate instruction for children
• Leadership experience, organizational skills, and communication abilities to effectively coach
and support teachers and their instructional teams
• Experience in student data collection tools, reporting formats, etc.
• Experience with RtI fundamentals and requirements.
• Scheduling ESE parent-staff meetings.
• Experience maintaining spreadsheets and other data mainframes.
• Review Instructional Strategies in classrooms to ensure differentiation for ESE and gifted
• Responsible for compliance with ESE student accommodations in the classroom and during
• Coordinate overall ESE Student service schedule and testing.
• Coordinate meetings and required paperwork for ESE and Gifted.
• Attend district trainings and meetings involving ESE and Gifted.
• Set ESE department goals and initiatives in collaboration with Administrative team and monitor.
• Responsible for accuracy of ESE audits and district surveys for full FTE funding.
• Participate on the School Improvement Team and Child Study Team (CST).
• Monitor general classroom Reading and Math instruction to ensure the use of sound teaching
practices consisting of evidence.
• Promote the use of researched-based interventions in Tier II—Title I classrooms and Tier III—
Special Education classrooms
• Plan and deliver ongoing staff development for teachers and paraprofessionals for ESE and
• Ensure data is captured and available for ESE eligibility meetings.
• Use data to help teachers identify and group students who need additional help
• Support teachers in documenting student progress.
• Work with Rti / Small Group providers, campus administrators, and CST team to facilitate
eligibility for special education.
• Provide assistance and planning for students in need of behavior intervention.
• Serve as consultant to staff in the implementation of research-based best practices.
• Report weekly to campus director students seen by all small group and ESE personnel to ensure
fidelity in implementation.
KCC PROFESSOR DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Campus Director, KCC Professors deliver instructional and developmental services in: related academic subject matter; social, behavioral, and other educational skill areas. They plan, develop, organize and conduct a comprehensive, high quality educational program for K-12 school level students. Professors also assist students in areas of personal and individual development.
Teach and instruct, in Kid’s Community College, approved subject matter areas for comprehensive grade appropriate school education program.
Develop lesson plans that allow and ensure attainment of Florida Next Generation Sunshine State Standards on grade level and beyond.
As applicable, teach and instruct in alignment with the IB Primary or Middle Years Programme curriculum framework, under the direction of the IB Coordinator
Individualize and adapt educational processes and procedures to enhance pupil educational opportunities.
Incorporate thematic units as developed school-wide.
Coordinate Lesson Plans with other Professors to maximize possibilities for teaching similar topics in the same general time frame, thus reinforcing student knowledge on an interdisciplinary basis.
Pursue a variety of approaches, including thematic learning, cooperative learning, differentiated, and multiple intelligence centered lessons in teaching and instructing pupils.
Use interventions and strategies in teaching/instruction to close the academic achievement gap for students performing below grade level.
Utilize an adopted core course of study, instructional program guidelines, and other materials in planning and developing lesson plans and teaching outlines.
Review, analyze and evaluate pupil academic, social, and emotional growth.
Communicate effectively to parents, both orally and in writing, at least weekly, activities in the classroom (academic, social and extracurricular).
Prepare, administer, score, record, and report the results of criterion referenced tests, and administer, scores, records and report the results of group standardized tests in evaluating pupil growth and progress.
This list of duties in this job posting is not intended to be exhaustive. Please refer to the specific KCC Job Description. Kid’s Community College® reserves the right to revise the job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.