Riverview, FL 33569
Salary: $35,000.00 /year
Kid’s Community College Charter Schools (KCC) are not-for-profit public schools located in Riverview, FL, serving K-12 students. Each of our campuses is accredited by one or more of the following institutions: NAC, NCA, AdvancedED, IB and NAF.
We dedicate ourselves to the well-being and educational success of EVERY child by taking a leadership role in providing top-rated, accredited, high-quality care giving services, higher learning, community enrichment and promoting cultural diversity.
KCC recognizes that our students and staff are paramount to our collective success. Our students rest at the core of who we are – but our KCC associates are the heartbeat.
The families we serve trust us with their children and we do not take this responsibility lightly. Our services are people intensive and it takes good people – associates who hold themselves to the highest standards of performance and ethical behavior – to achieve the vision, mission, and goals in our pursuit to provide the highest possible, world-class education.
As a KCC associate, YOU are an integral member of the KCC team. We realize that what sets us apart from other educational institutions is YOU. Our KCC associates are motivated, intelligent, resourceful, caring and above all, committed to providing high quality educational services and doing their best in terms of performance and their dedication to our team.
KCC ASSOCIATE’S BENEFITS:
- small campuses
- professional work environment
- NAC/NCA/AdvancedED/IB/NAF accredited facilities
- professional training & development
- professional advancement guidance, resources & opportunities
- paid vacation, sick, holidays and birthday
- tuition reimbursement
- medical insurance
- comprehensive voluntary benefits
- retirement plan – 401k
- and much more!
Under the direction of the Superintendent, the Information Technology Network and Security Specialist will be responsible for maintaining and administering our company’s computer networks and hardware. Your primary duties will include ensuring 98% uptime and reliability of the KCC network, maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the users of our network (students and professors) in order to identify potential issues and fix problems submitted through the Service Request Ticket System.
To be a successful, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure, Meraki network hardware and related licenses, Windows Active Directory and Windows Operating Systems and Mac OS. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is a must. Providing administrators and teachers with Level 1 support of networking issues is a requirement.
Applicants are preferred to have a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related certifications and experience, a strong technology and hardware support focused background and have excellent computer skills.
Must have excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Information Technology Network and Security Specialist shall be charged with the following duties:
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles or other centralized utilities to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Communicates with stakeholders for the purpose of providing technical support, enhancing awareness and assisting with setup, implementation and technology troubleshooting.
- Develops and directs the development and interpretation of networking policy and procedures for the purpose of establishing guidelines needed to effectively and efficiently meet technology goals while adhering to all relevant regulations and guidelines.
- Develops and manages technology and networking related budget(s) for the purpose of ensuring that software, hardware and personnel are available to meet the needs and objectives of the school.
- Directs ongoing network and infrastructure assessments for the purpose of ensuring that technology standards for teachers and students meet program goals and KCC District guidelines.
- Ensures the availability of networking resources needed to meet student, school site and KCC District objectives while adhering to budget limitations.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, professional development and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and/or representing the KCC District.
- Fully documents the KCC infrastructure and network.
- Serves as liaison to networking software/hardware providers for the purpose of conveying and/or receiving information and coordinating activities.
- Visits all campuses to ensure networks are available, consistently reliable and that expected results are being achieved.
- Develops, maintains and troubleshoots systems; resolves system errors and malfunctions; arranges for repairs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Bachelor degree in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Must have network security experience.
- Must have LAN and WAN design, implementation and administration experience.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Knowledge of the Kid’s Community College’s policies, procedures
- Proficiency in Mac OS and Windows network configuration requirements, including configuring IP access, email and other networking resources
- Ability to operate standard office and computer equipment
- Ability to conceptualize and create report templates and formats
- Ability to leverage technology to compile information from multiple sources
- Ability to convert data tables into charts, graphs, and presentations
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong project coordination and tracking skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written, punctuation, grammar and editing skills
- Ability to work well with individuals with diverse backgrounds
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Technical aspects of field of specialty
- Previous experience in network engineering and systems administration
- Bachelor’s degree in discipline relating to the job requirements
- Think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Perform specialized support duties in support of organizational technology goals
- Create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- Be a self-starter – Work both independently and in a team environment.
- Coordinate teams and provide training and special project activities
- Work independently with little direction
- Operate a variety of office equipment including computer equipment
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Develop and meet schedules and timelines
- Complete work with many interruptions