“Dedicated to the well-being and educational success of EVERY child.”
As a KCC Elementary Professor you will surround yourself with fellow educators, leadership and support staff who pursue our mission of serving EVERY student with caring hearts, subject area expertise, and a passion to nurture our students to becoming lifelong learners.
In a time when so many students feel like they are just a number, our small campus setting offers KCC Professors the opportunity to have a true, positive impact on the elementary school experience of our students.
We are a family… faculty, students, parents, administration and our local community. We work together to help our students to recognize and reach their full potential through a strong foundation emphasizing character and values.
Professors will deliver instructional and developmental services in: related academic subject matter; social, behavioral, and other educational skill areas; planning, developing, organizing and conducting a comprehensive, high quality educational program for elementary school level students; assisting students in areas of personal and individual development; and assisting students in making appropriate life style adjustments, and in the determination of career and vocational choices.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Instructional Planning- Teach and instruct in Kid’s Community College; approved subject matter areas for comprehensive elementary school education program.
- Develop Lesson Plans that allow and ensure attainment of Florida Next Generation Sunshine State Standards on grade level and beyond.
- Individualize and adapt educational processes and procedures to enhance pupil educational opportunities.
- Incorporate thematic units as developed school-wide.
- Coordinate Lesson Plans with other Professors to maximize possibilities for teaching similar topics in the same general time frame, thus reinforcing student knowledge on an interdisciplinary basis.
- Use interventions and strategies in their teaching/instruction to close the academic achievement gap for students performing below grade level.
- Utilize an adopted core course of study, instructional program guidelines, and other materials in planning and developing lesson plans and teaching outlines.
- Review, analyze and evaluate pupil academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Prepare, administer, score, record, and report the results of criterion referenced tests, and administer, scores, records and report the results of group standardized tests in evaluating pupil growth and progress.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree with emphasis in education or the specific subject area being taught.
- Valid Florida Teaching Certificate K-6 or eligibility for Temporary or Professional Certification in subject area as required by the Florida Course Code Directory.
- Expertise in subject being taught as evidenced by personal skills and knowledge, an undergraduate major or minor or graduate degree in the subject they will teach, or direct subject-area teaching experience.
- Understanding of academic, social, and behavioral needs and characteristics of elementary pupils.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Principles, theories, methods, techniques, and strategies pertaining to teaching and instruction of elementary school level pupils.
- Educational curriculum and instructional goals and objectives, and educational trends and research findings pertaining to comprehensive elementary school programming.
- Behavior management and behavior shaping strategies, techniques and methods, and conflict resolution procedures.
- Socio-economic and cultural background differences of the school.