“Dedicated to the well-being and educational success of EVERY student.”
This is an on-call position that is often scheduled in advance but may be short notice at times.
Substitutes may be assigned to any KCC campus location (campuses are located in Riverview, FL)
Under the direct supervision of the Campus Director, the Substitute Teacher is responsible for ensuring students continue the educational programming with minimal interruption in the absence of the regular classroom teacher. Instruction provided will be appropriate academic subject matter, social, behavioral, and other educational skills areas; will organize and conduct the educational program; will assist pupils in areas of personal and individual development; will support and encourage creativity and enrichment of pupils; and to do other related functions as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Report to the Campus Director or Front Office Manager upon arrival
- Review the absent teacher’s lesson plans and carry out instructional and administrative duties as outlined.
- Maintain effective classroom management.
- Assume responsibility for overseeing student behavior in class and during teacher assigned locations and times.
- Complete a summary of work completed at the end of each teaching day and leave it for the regular classroom teacher.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Comply with KCC policies, as well as local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Adhere to KCC’s safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality in the conduct of KCC business and student records.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of interacting with students and/or other employees in the specific work site assigned.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance and professional conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
Failure to accept an assignment for a period of thirty dates, refusal of an assignment on three separate occasions; or failure to show up for an assignment or canceling an assignment after acceptance will result in the substitute being removed from the approved list and the substitute will be subject to separation.
- High School Diploma and experience working with children.
- Understanding of academic, social, and behavioral needs and characteristics of K-12 school students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors Degree with a background and experience in education.
- Ability to work well with children, parents and school staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience working with diverse population.