11513 McMullen Road, Riverview, FL
We are dedicated to the well-being and educational success of EVERY student.
IB Candidate Middle School
As a KCC Math Professor you will surround yourself with fellow educators, leadership and support staff who pursue our mission of serving EVERY student with caring hearts, subject area expertise, and a passion to nurture our students to becoming lifelong learners.
In a time when so many students feel like they are just a number, our small campus setting offers KCC Professors the opportunity to have a true, positive impact on the middle school experience of our students.
We are a family… faculty, students, parents, administration and our local community. We work together to help our students to recognize and reach their full potential through a strong foundation emphasizing character and values.
Under the supervision of Campus Director and in cooperation with other Campus Director appointed campus administration and team leads, Professors will use the school-wide IB Programme of Inquiry to develop, teach and instruct students in grades 6 through 8.
Professors will deliver middle school instructional and developmental services in: related academic subject matter; social, behavioral, and other educational skill areas; planning, developing, organizing and conducting a comprehensive, high quality educational program for middle school level students; assisting middle school level students in areas of personal and individual development; and assisting middle school level students in making appropriate life style adjustments, and in the determination of career and vocational choices.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with emphasis in education or mathematics.
• Valid Florida Teaching Certificate.
• Professional Certification in math subject area, as required by the Florida Course Code Directory.
• Expertise in subject being taught as evidenced by personal skills and knowledge, an undergraduate major or minor or graduate degree in the subject they will teach, or direct subject-area teaching experience;
• Understanding of academic, social, and behavioral needs and characteristics of middle school level students.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.