Riverview, FL 33578
Salary: $15,500.00 to $25,500.00 /year
Kid’s Community College Charter Schools (KCC) are not-for-profit public schools located in Hillsborough County, serving K-12 students. We dedicate ourselves to the well-being and educational success of EVERY child by taking a leadership role in providing top-rated, accredited, high-quality care giving services, higher learning, community enrichment and promoting cultural diversity.
KCC recognizes that our students and staff are paramount to our collective success. Our students rest at the core of who we are – but our KCC associates are the heartbeat. As a KCC associate, YOU are an integral member of the KCC team. We realize that what sets us apart from other educational institutions is YOU. Our KCC associates are motivated, intelligent, resourceful, caring and above all, committed to providing high quality educational services and doing their best in terms of performance and their dedication to our team.
Under the direction of the Campus Director, the Cafeteria Manager will be responsible for preparing, and serving meals during the school year. Responsibilities also include maintaining the cafeteria environment while students are present, taking inventory of food and supply items, and
keeping the cafeteria clean. Must positively interact with children and parents, participate in campus activities, and assist with continual supervision of children while performing duties in the food service department. Works with finance department to ensure accuracy of food ordering process and food inventory. Assists with custodial duties as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage lunch room environment.
• Supervises and positively interacts with students.
• Ensure that kitchen has all equipment and items to pass health and safety inspections.
• Be available for all health inspections.
• Participates in ongoing training and consultation.
• Prepares and serves meals. Available for “store runs” if needed.
• Inventories food and supply items.
• Cleans cafeteria.
• Stocks food items.
• Ensure that student food allergy requirements are being adhered to.
• Ensures accounting of school lunches using Meal Pay system.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Health Department Food Service Certification Leadership experience, organizational skills, and
communication abilities to effectively coach and support professors and their instructional
• Ability to provide affection, security and continuity in the service of children;
• Ability to handle confidential issues appropriately;
• Must have the energy and flexibility to meet the changing needs of children/youth;
• Ability to follow directions;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and make sound decisions;
• Ability to observe individuals and report accurate findings;
• Ability to handle emergencies and life threatening situations effectively;
• Ability to intervene decisively when necessary.
• 1 year previous work experience in childcare or elementary education experience. SDHC
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Walk, look downward, turns neck (up to continuously) sit, bend (frequently); stand,
stoop, squat, reach, push, pull, (Occasionally; kneel, crawl, climb (infrequently); grasp/manipulate
materials, and lift items up to 10 lbs.
Working Conditions: Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which
require following basic safety precautions.