Riverview, FL 33578
Salary: $10.00 to $16.80 /hour
Kid’s Community College Charter Schools (KCC) are not-for-profit public schools located in Riverview, FL (Hillsborough County), serving VPK and K-12 students. Each of our campuses is accredited by one or more of the following institutions: NAC, NCA, AdvancedED, IB and NAF.
We dedicate ourselves to the well-being and educational success of EVERY child by taking a leadership role in providing top-rated, accredited, high-quality care giving services, higher learning, community enrichment and promoting cultural diversity.
KCC recognizes that our students and staff are paramount to our collective success. Our students rest at the core of who we are – but our KCC associates are the heartbeat.
The families we serve trust us with their children and we do not take this responsibility lightly. Our services are people intensive and it takes good people – associates who hold themselves to the highest standards of performance and ethical behavior – to achieve the vision, mission, and goals in our pursuit to provide the highest possible, world-class education.
As a KCC associate, YOU are an integral member of the KCC team. We realize that what sets us apart from other educational institutions is YOU. Our KCC associates are motivated, intelligent, resourceful, caring and above all, committed to providing high quality educational services and doing their best in terms of performance and their dedication to our team.
Under the supervision of the Campus Director, the Substitute Teacher is responsible for ensuring students continue the educational programming with minimal interruption in the absence of the regular classroom teacher. Instruction provided will be appropriate academic subject matter, social, behavioral, and other educational skill areas; will organize and conduct the educational program; will assist pupils in areas of personal and individual development; will support and encourage creativity and enrichment of pupils; and to do other related functions as required.
This is an on-call position that is often scheduled in advance but may be short notice at times.
Essential Job Functions:
- Report to the campus director upon arrival.
- Review the absent teacher’s lesson plans and carry out instructional and administrative duties as outlined.
- Maintain effective classroom management.
- Assume responsibility for overseeing student behavior in class and during teacher assigned locations and times.
- Complete a summary of work completed at the end of each teaching day and leave it for the regular classroom teacher.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical and responsible.
- Comply with KCC’s policies, as well as local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Adhere to KCC’s safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality in the conduct of KCC business and student records.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of interacting with students and/or other employees in the specific work site assigned.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance and professional conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Experience working with children
- Understanding of academic, social, and behavioral needs and characteristics of K-12 school students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Associates degree in related field.
This list of duties in this job posting is not intended to be exhaustive. Please refer to the specific KCC Job Description. Kid’s Community College® reserves the right to revise the job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.