Riverview, FL 33578
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
Kid’s Community College Charter Schools (KCC) are not-for-profit public schools located in Hillsborough County, serving K-12 students. Each of our campuses is accredited by one or more of the following institutions: NAC, NCA, AdvancedED, IB and NAF.
We dedicate ourselves to the well-being and educational success of EVERY child by taking a leadership role in providing top-rated, accredited, high-quality care giving services, higher learning, community enrichment and promoting cultural diversity.
KCC recognizes that our students and staff are paramount to our collective success. Our students rest at the core of who we are – but our KCC associates are the heartbeat.
The families we serve trust us with their children and we do not take this responsibility lightly. Our services are people intensive and it takes good people – associates who hold themselves to the highest standards of performance and ethical behavior – to achieve the vision, mission, and goals in our pursuit to provide the highest possible, world-class education.
As a KCC associate, YOU are an integral member of the KCC team. We realize that what sets us apart from other educational institutions is YOU. Our KCC associates are motivated, intelligent, resourceful, caring and above all, committed to providing high quality educational services and doing their best in terms of performance and their dedication to our team.
To support the mission of the school by promoting and enhancing the learning process of every
student through the integration of academic, career and personal/social development. The School
Counselor will provide education as well as prevention and intervention services under the direct
supervision of the Director of School Counseling Services. Responsibilities may vary depending upon
the specific work setting and should correspond to the needs and priorities established in the schools
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Implements the comprehensive school counseling program
• Acts as an advocate for all students
• Works in collaboration with other stakeholders in narrowing the achievement gap
• Provides professional leadership to establish a culture conducive to learning
• Counsels individual and/or small groups of students with academic, career and
• Assists students in developing a plan for achieving educational, career and personal/social
• Consults with a variety of school based teams to facilitate appropriate placement decisions
to enhance student achievement, which includes but is not limited to exceptional student
staffing’s, 504 determination meetings, and Child Study team meetings
• Confers with classroom teachers, administration, support staff, community agencies and
parents regarding students and their needs
• Provides support to teachers in the delivery of counseling program related curriculum
• Coordinates with school and community agencies to broaden students’ resources
• Seeks resources necessary to achieve school goals
• Provides classroom guidance services
• Guides individuals/groups of students through the development of educational plans,
career awareness and personal/social growth issues
• Identifies and disaggregates critical data, such as grades, test scores, attendance, promotion
rates, graduation and postsecondary enrollment rate
• Uses data to develop strategies to positively impact students
• Follows the guidelines of the national, state and district standards for professional school
• Adheres to ethical and legal professional standards
• Uses appropriate technology for counseling services
• Performs other related duties, as required.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Kid’s Community College® reserves the
right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Counseling.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Walk, look downward, turn neck (up to continuously) sit, bend, (frequently); stand,
stoop, squat, reach, push, pull, (Occasionally; kneel, crawl. Climb (infrequently); grasp/manipulate
materials & supplies (continuously); lift items to 10 pounds (frequently), carry to 10 pounds
(occasionally), lift/carry to 40 pounds (infrequently) use seeing, hearing and speaking (continuous, in
Working Conditions: Indoor classrooms, exposure to: student noise and music, odors of food and
science projects, possible communicable diseases or unruly students. Outdoor schoolyard and grounds, exposure to; temperatures, dust, pesticides and smoke (seasonally). Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.