Riverview, FL 33569
Salary: $10.50 to $12.50 /hour
PHYSICAL EDUCATION PARAPROFESSIONAL
Kid’s Community College Charter Schools (KCC) are not-for-profit public schools located in Riverview, FL, serving K-12 students. Each of our campuses is accredited by one or more of the following institutions: NAC, NCA, AdvancedED, IB and NAF.
We dedicate ourselves to the well-being and educational success of EVERY child by taking a leadership role in providing top-rated, accredited, high-quality care giving services, higher learning, community enrichment and promoting cultural diversity.
KCC recognizes that our students and staff are paramount to our collective success. Our students rest at the core of who we are – but our KCC associates are the heartbeat.
The families we serve trust us with their children and we do not take this responsibility lightly. Our services are people intensive and it takes good people – associates who hold themselves to the highest standards of performance and ethical behavior – to achieve the vision, mission, and goals in our pursuit to provide the highest possible, world-class education.
As a KCC associate, YOU are an integral member of the KCC team. We realize that what sets us apart from other educational institutions is YOU. Our KCC associates are motivated, intelligent, resourceful, caring and above all, committed to providing high quality educational services and doing their best in terms of performance and their dedication to our team.
KCC ASSOCIATE’S BENEFITS:
- low class room ratios
- small campuses
- professional work environment
- NAC/NCA/AdvancedED/IB/NAF accredited facilities
- professional training & development
- professional advancement guidance, resources & opportunities
- paid vacation, sick, holidays and birthday
- tuition reimbursement
- medical insurance
- comprehensive voluntary benefits
- retirement plan – 401k
- AVC performance incentives
- expense reimbursements
- and much more!
Under the supervision of the Campus Director and grade level professor, the Paraprofessional performs instructional support work assisting the Physical Education professor in general clerical and administrative tasks as well as in certain daily class activities. Implements goals and objectives established by certified teachers and works directly with children to that end.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Carries out clerical duties related to classroom teaching
• Prepares instructional materials with professor guidance
• Completes attendance reports, Grade reports; etc.
• Grades homework and tests as needed
• Maintains supplies and equipment for classroom use
• Monitors students
• Files records and materials
• Escorts students and ensures safety at all times.
• Performs related work as required
• Demonstrates respect for students, colleagues, administrators, and parents.
• Models and reinforces self-discipline and responsibility.
• Works effectively with school colleagues, parents, and the community to support students’ learning and well-being.
• Performs other related duties as required.
- Associates Degree in Related field.
- 1 year of experience working with children.
- Understanding and knowledge of child development.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience working with diverse population.
- Some accredited college or university course work.