“Dedicated to the well-being and educational success of EVERY student.”
Schedule: Part-time, Monday through Friday, from 3:00pm to 6:00pm and adjusted hours when school schedules necessitate.
Under general supervision from the Campus Director, the After School Program (ICFL) Director will lead and manage the day-to-day activities of the after school program responsible for a maximum of 100 students. The Program Director is responsible for designing and executing program curriculum and innovating new and differentiated programming. The Program Director will be responsible for the planning and development of a creative learning environment and maintaining the coordination, implementation, and administration of all enrichment/academic programs. The Program Director will be highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented professionals with experience in youth development and knowledge of after-school programs.
ICFL Program Directors must be able to supervise and direct ICFL Associates to implement all program goals of the program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Hire and/or supervise and/or evaluate program staff.
- Design and implement program activities and curriculum.
- Foster academic growth through group and individual instruction based on curriculum and individual student need.
- Use a variety of materials, resources, and experiences to enrich student learning, develop and implement short-term and long-term plans for enrichment activities.
- Provide direct supervision of students.
- Ensure safety, security and care of children, implementing emergency procedures and first aid when necessary.
- Effectively organize program records including student attendance, sign-in and sign-out procedures.
- Assume day-to-day responsibility for the security of the facility.
- Ensure staff compliance with school policy.
- Take attendance, distributes snacks, monitor use of facilities, materials and equipment.
- Document accidents and injuries and completes accident reports.
- Identify student misconduct; complete incident reports.
- Assist in keeping program areas neat, clean, and organized.
- Maintain professionalism regarding school and student affairs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assist with basic K-12 academic instruction and assignments in all subjects.
- Demonstrate work initiative, consistent and timely completion of routine tasks, and ability to modify task assignments to accommodate changes in the work schedule.
- Understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Think critically and process information effectively to solve problems.
- Associates Degree in Education or equivalent experience, plus reading and writing skills sufficient to perform duties and read and understand MSDS
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Ability to execute a curriculum in a quality manner with the ability to innovate
- Strong conflict resolution and crisis management skills
- Valid Florida Driver’s License required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, child development, youth development or other relevant discipline