Riverview, FL 33569
Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Campus Director (School Principal)
Kid’s Community College Charter Schools (KCC) are not-for-profit public schools located in Riverview, FL, serving K-12 students. Each of our campuses is accredited by one or more of the following institutions: NAC, NCA, AdvancedED, IB and NAF.
We dedicate ourselves to the well-being and educational success of EVERY child by taking a leadership role in providing top-rated, accredited, high-quality care giving services, higher learning, community enrichment and promoting cultural diversity.
KCC recognizes that our students and staff are paramount to our collective success. Our students rest at the core of who we are – but our KCC associates are the heartbeat.
The families we serve trust us with their children and we do not take this responsibility lightly. Our services are people intensive and it takes good people – associates who hold themselves to the highest standards of performance and ethical behavior – to achieve the vision, mission, and goals in our pursuit to provide the highest possible, world-class education.
As a KCC associate, YOU are an integral member of the KCC team. We realize that what sets us apart from other educational institutions is YOU. Our KCC associates are motivated, intelligent, resourceful, caring and above all, committed to providing high quality educational services and doing their best in terms of performance and their dedication to our team.
Under the supervision of the Governing Board, the Campus Director is responsible for establishing a positive school culture and high levels of student achievement. This includes, but is not limited to, developing and managing a K-5, K-8 or High School campus.
Develop, manage, and conduct student, faculty and school evaluation for review by the Governing Board. Evaluation of progress related to student, faculty and school goals.
KCC ASSOCIATE’S BENEFITS:
- low class room ratios
- small campuses
- professional work environment
- NAC/NCA/AdvancedED/IB/NAF accredited facilities
- professional training & development
- professional advancement guidance, resources & opportunities
- paid vacation, sick, holidays and birthday
- tuition reimbursement
- medical insurance
- comprehensive voluntary benefits
- retirement plan – 401k
- AVC performance incentives
- expense reimbursements
- and much more!
KCC CAMPUS DIRECTOR QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with emphasis in education; Masters degree preferred
• Valid Florida Teaching Certificate; Reading Endorsement and ESE Preferred.
• Understanding of academic, social, and behavioral needs and characteristics of students
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A talent for communicating with young children and encouraging academic achievement is essential.
• Ability to individualize instruction, especially for above level students.
• Principles, theories, methods, techniques, and strategies pertaining to teaching and instruction;
• Educational curriculum and instructional goals and objectives, and educational trends and research findings;
• Behavior management and behavior shaping strategies, techniques and methods, and conflict resolution procedures;
• Socio-economic and cultural background differences of the school population.
• Howard Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences Theory
• Differentiated instructional techniques
KCC Campus Director Duties:
• Responsibilities include facilitating curriculum development and integrating the Kid’s Community College® IDEP process, MIDAS Profile and Multiple Intelligences at the beginning of the academic year
• Professor selection, supervision and evaluation
• Facilitate, encourage and direct parent involvement
• Supporting professor’s ongoing professional development
• Managing school discipline and supporting school-wide programs
• Managing school program within budget
• Overseeing and orchestrating student assessment
• Monitoring, tracking and improving student and school achievement and performance
• Facilitating shared decision-making processes
• Fostering a continuous differentiated learning environment for students at all times
• Attend School District meetings as required
• Ensure maximum FTE revenue and attend FTE Counts
• Conduct initial family meetings and ongoing meetings with student families as needed
• Attend all board meetings and school functions
• Ensure campus is in strict compliance with District and that all required reports, data, testings and other criteria are completed on time
• Manage procurement process for curriculum materials, classroom equipment and supplies, office supplies and miscellaneous supplies
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
• Demonstrate accurate judgment in the day-to-day operations of a K-8 Campus and public interactions
• Manage campus staff, measure performance of staff and the day-to-day operations of a K-8 campus
• Adhere to State and Federal funding programs and filing and reporting procedures
• Adhere to Federal, State and County teaching and achievement requirements
• Must communicate effectively both verbally and written
• Computer literate in Windows environment, Microsoft Office appropriate to the position
• Maintain a high-energy, positive attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Must display ethical conduct at all times.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Kid’s Community College® reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.