Through a new program called raise.me, your student can automatically earn scholarships from colleges each time he or she achieves any of the following goals in school:
- Get an A in a course ($100 – $1,000)
- Get a B in a course ($50 – $600)
- Participate in a school club or sport ($25 – $250)
- And much more
Our school is among the first in the country to take advantage of this opportunity, which is funded in part by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and U.S. colleges.
Here is how you can best support your student to get the most from this opportunity:
- Ensure that your student creates an account at www.raise.me.
- Congratulate your student for regularly adding good grades, community service, extracurricular activities, and other achievements to his or her raise.me “Portfolio” in order to earn “Micro-Scholarships” from colleges. Your student is eligible to receive scholarship money for each achievement from the start of 9th grade until midway through 12th grade.
- Visit www.raise.me/parents for more information.
We hope using raise.me will make your student’s path to college both more fun and affordable.
If you have questions, I encourage you to contact the Raise Me Support Office by sending an email to email@example.com. Increasing numbers of public and private colleges continue to join the raise.me program. Colleges are added on a monthly basis and you can request colleges at any time. Your student will automatically get related Micro-Scholarships from all new colleges as they become available.
Mrs. Alcantara, School Counselor
Kids Community College Preparatory High School Charter